- Singer:John Coltrane
- Album Title:Newport '63
- Info:Label: Impulse! – GRP 11282, GRP – GRP 11282
Series: GRP Presents The Legendary Masters Of Jazz –
Type: CD, Compilation, Remastered
Country: UK & Europe
Date of released: 1993
Style: Hard Bop, Post Bop
- Size ZIP FLAC1882 megabytes
- Size ZIP MP31600 megabytes
- Format:FLAC MP3 APE MP2 AUD DMF VQF XM APE
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||I Want To Talk About You
Composed By – Billy Eckstine
|2||My Favorite Things
Composed By – Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein*
Composed By – John Coltrane
|4||Chasin' Another Trane
Composed By – John Coltrane
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records
- Copyright (c) – GRP Records, Inc.
- Distributed By – BMG
- Manufactured By – Disctronics S
- Alto Saxophone – Eric Dolphy (tracks: 4)
- Art Direction – Dan Serrano, Scott Johnson
- Bass – Jimmy Garrison (tracks: 1 to 3), Reggie Workman (tracks: 4)
- Coordinator [GRP Production - Assisted By] – Diane Dragonette
- Coordinator [GRP Production Coordinator] – Michael Pollard
- Creative Director [GRP Creative Director] – Andy Baltimore
- Design [Graphic Design] – Alba Acevedo, Jackie Salway
- Drums – Roy Haynes
- Engineer [Recording] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Executive-Producer – Dave Grusin, Larry Rosen
- Liner Notes – Francis Davis
- Photography By – Chuck Stewart
- Piano – McCoy Tyner (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Producer [GRP Production - Assisted By] – Sharon Franklin
- Producer [GRP Production Director] – Sonny Mediana
- Producer [Original Sessions] – Bob Thiele
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Reissue Producer [Post-production On Reissue By] – Adam Zelinka, Joseph Doughney, Michael Landy
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Robert Stoughton
- Soprano Saxophone – John Coltrane (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Tenor Saxophone – John Coltrane
NotesTracks 1-3 - Recorded live at the Newport Jazz Festival, Freebody Park in Newport, Rhode Island on July 7, 1963.
Track 4 Recorded live at the Village Vanguard, New York City on November 2, 1961.
Digitally re-mastered at MCA Music Media Studios.
Post-Production on reissue at the The Review Room/NYC.
Tracks 1 & 2 first appeared on "Selflessness" AS-9161.
Track 3 first appeared on "To the Beat of a Different Drum" IZ-9346.
Track 4 first appeared on "Trane's Modes" IZ-9361.
(P) 1993 MCA Records, Inc. & (C) 1993 GRP Records, Inc.
Made in the U.K. (inlay and disc)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 11151 12822 2
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): DISCTRONICS S GRP 11282 01 JOHN COLTRANE
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
- Label Code: LC 0236
- Price Code (F): BM720
|GRP 11282||John Coltrane||Newport '63 (CD, Comp, RM)||Impulse!, GRP||GRP 11282||UK & Europe||1993|
|NN - 9947||John Coltrane||Newport '63 (CD, Comp, RM, Unofficial)||ООО "Галактис"||NN - 9947||Russia||Unknown|
|GRD-128||John Coltrane||Newport '63 (CD, Comp, Club, RM)||GRP, Impulse!||GRD-128||US||Unknown|
|GRP 11282||John Coltrane||Newport '63 (CD, Comp, RM, RP)||Impulse!, GRP||GRP 11282||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|GRD-128||John Coltrane||Newport '63 (CD, Comp, RM)||GRP, Impulse!||GRD-128||US||1993|