- Album Title:On The Border
- Info:Label: Asylum Records – 7E-1004
Type: Vinyl, LP, Album, Santa Maria Pressing
Date of released: 22 Mar 1974
Style: Classic Rock, Country Rock, Folk Rock
- Size ZIP FLAC1565 megabytes
- Size ZIP MP31555 megabytes
- Format:FLAC MP3 ADX AUD AIFF AA APE DMF WAV
Tracklist Hide Credits
Lead Vocals – Glenn*Soloist, Guitar [Solo Guitars] – Don Felder, Glenn*Written-By – Jack Tempchin, Robb Strandlund
|A2||You Never Cry Like A Lover
Lead Vocals – Don HenleyWritten-By – Don Henley, John David Souther
Lead Vocals – Randy*Slide Guitar [Slide] – Glenn*Written-By – Paul Craft
Lead Vocals – Bernie*Pedal Steel Guitar – Bernie*Written-By – Bernie Leadon
|A5||On The Border
Handclaps [Claps] – The Clapetts*Lead Vocals – Don HenleyPerformer [T.N.T.S.] – Coach Written-By – Bernie Leadon, Don Henley, Glenn Frey
Lead Vocals – Glenn*Soloist, Guitar [Solo Guitars] – Bernie*Written-By – Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Jackson Browne, John David Souther
Lead Vocals – Don Henley, Glenn*Pedal Steel Guitar – Al PerkinsWritten-By – Tom Waits
|B3||Is It True?
Lead Vocals – Randy*Slide Guitar – Glenn*Written-By – Randy Meisner
|B4||Good Day In Hell
Lead Vocals – Don Henley, Glenn*Slide Guitar [Slide] – Don FelderWritten-By – Don Henley, Glenn Frey
|B5||Best Of My Love
Lead Vocals – Don HenleyPedal Steel Guitar – Bernie*Written-By – Don Henley, Glenn Frey, John David Souther
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Manufactured By – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Asylum Records
- Published By – Jazzbird Music
- Published By – Benchmark Music
- Published By – Golden Spread Music
- Published By – Rocky Top Music, Inc.
- Published By – Kicking Bear Music
- Published By – Fifth Floor Music, Inc.
- Produced For – Pandora Productions Ltd.
- Art Direction, Design – Gary Burden, R. Twerk & Company*
- Electric Guitar – Don Felder
- Engineer [Assisted By, At Olympic Studios] – Rob Thaer (tracks: A2, B5)
- Engineer [Assisted By, At The Record Plant] – Allan Blazek (tracks: A1, A3 to B4), Gary Ladinsky (tracks: A1, A3 to B4)
- Engineer [Remix Engineer] – Bill Szymczyk
- Mastered By – LH*
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Beatian Yazz
- Performer [The Eagles Are, Late Arrival] – Don Felder
- Performer [The Eagles Are] – Bernie Leadon, Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Randy Meisner
- Photography By – Henry Diltz
- Producer, Engineer – Bill Szymczyk (tracks: A1, A3 to B4), Glyn Johns (tracks: A2, B5)
- Typography [Lettering] – Rick Griffin
- Vocals, Bass – Randy Meisner
- Vocals, Drums – Don Henley
- Vocals, Guitar, Banjo, Steel Guitar – Bernie Leadon
- Vocals, Guitar, Piano – Glenn Frey
NotesColumbia, Santa Maria pressing.
Textured, matte sleeve. Includes 2-sided color 2 panel foldout poster.
Label variations exist.
This release with "ASYLUM RECORDS Mfg. by Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records. A Division of Warner Communications, Inc. 15 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10023" printed on labels outer ring.
Another same catalog # US release "On The Border" with similar labels except it omits "ASYLUM RECORDS" and shows Los Angeles address for Elecktra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records on labels.
Other matrix/pressing variations for U.S. release with same Category 7E-1004:
On The Border catalog # appears on left side of label and Mfg. info on outer ring includes Los Angeles, California address.
On The Border (CTH) printed on labels
On The Border CSM pressing with catalog # on left side of label below Side One
On The Border white labels "Not For Sale"
On The Border reissue with white, blue, purple sky background labels
Ⓟ © 1974 By Asylum Records. Manufactured By Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records, A Division Of Warner Communications Inc. 15 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10023, Printed In U.S.A.
Mastering and Pressing info from runout.
A1: Jazzbird Music / Benchmark Music ASCAP
A2: Golden Spread Music / Benchmark Music ASCAP
A3: Rocky Top Music, Inc. BMI
A4, A5, B3, B4, B5: Kicking Bear Music / Benchmark Music ASCAP
B1: Benchmark Music ASCAP
B2: Fifth Floor Music, Inc. ASCAP
A1, A3, A4, A5, B1, B2, B3, B4: Produced & Engineered for Pandora Productions Ltd.
Recorded at The Record Plant, Los Angeles.
A2, B5: Recorded at Olympic Studios, London.
Printed in the U.S.A.
Special thanks to Irv Azoff, Jackson Browne, Don Felder, Richard Fernandez, David Geffen, Ron Stone and the fire gods Nido & Wotan --
Extra special thanks to Paul Ahern for leaving town
"Ol '55" and "The Best Of My Love" appear on sleeve; "Ol' '55" and "Best Of My Love" appear on labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Etched, Variant 1): 7E 1004 A-5 CSM LH 2H
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two Etched, Variant 1): 7E 1004 B-5 CSM 2 LH D-4 "̶H̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶o̶ ̶H̶e̶s̶i̶t̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶L̶u̶n̶c̶h̶"̶
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Etched, Variant 2): 7E 1004 A -4 CSM LH F[(raised)2]
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two Etched, Variant 2): S 7E -1004 B - 4 CSM LH F2 "̶H̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶o̶ ̶H̶e̶s̶i̶t̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶L̶u̶n̶c̶h̶"̶
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped, Both Sides): Sterling
- Rights Society: ASCAP, BMI
|7E-1004||Eagles||On The Border (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||7E-1004||Australia||1974|
|7E-1004||Eagles||On The Border (LP, Album, Ter)||Asylum Records||7E-1004||US||1974|
|HYS 651-04||Eagles||On The Border = En La Frontera (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||HYS 651-04||Spain||1974|
|TC-51004||Eagles||On The Border (Cass, Album, Dol)||Asylum Records||TC-51004||US||1974|
|7ES-1004||Eagles||On The Border (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||7ES-1004||Canada||1974|