- Singer:Teena Marie
- Album Title:Behind The Groove
- Info:Label: Motown – TMGLTD27
Type: Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Limited Edition, Unofficial Release
Date of released:
Category: Funk / Soul
Style: Soul, Funk, Disco
- Size ZIP FLAC1274 megabytes
- Size ZIP MP31448 megabytes
- Format:FLAC MP3 AIFF TTA APE DXD AC3 MOD MPC
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A||Behind The Groove
Co-producer – Teena MarieProducer – Richard RudolphWritten-By – R. Rudolph*, T. Marie*
|B||It Must Be Magic
Written-By, Producer – Teena Marie
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Motown Record Corporation
- Marketed By – RCA Ltd.
- Distributed By – RCA Ltd.
NotesThis is a bootleg from a bootleg series of a whole bunch of Motown titles, and is from no earlier than the late-1990s when bootlegs designed to look exactly like originals started appearing on the market.
EMI was pressing Motown material in the UK until the mid- to late-1980s until Motown switched pressing plants to RCA for their UK releases. Whoever bootlegged this Motown series is using the RCA-style UK sleeve and company info but using the EMI-style UK label and font. Most collectors would not have picked up on this.
I have seen most of the 12"s in this bootleg series and the vinyl quality and stamper are obviously not from an EMI or RCA UK pressing plant. The sound quality is also sub-standard.
Neither EMI or RCA in the UK ever pressed any Motown material with a catalog # of TMGLTD... Compare this bootleg 12" or any 12" from this bootleg series side-by-side with any legitimate UK EMI or RCA Motown 12" and you will see what I mean.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Label): TMGLTD 27A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Label): TMGLTD 27B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Etched): TMGLTD-27-1A₁
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Etched): TMGLTD-27-B₁